Gynecomastia – also known as enlarged breasts in men, is a condition of swelling of breast tissue in males. It can either affect one or both breasts or sometimes both, unevenly.
This rise in the number of tissues happens because of a hormonal imbalance. Yet, if the breast enlargement is because of a fat deposit, then that condition is different – the “pseudo gynecomastia.”
When they go through puberty, boys may undergo this problem because of hormonal fluctuations. Although this condition is not that serious, dealing with it is a little bit difficult.
Males who have Gynecomastia may feel discomfort in the breasts and face embarrassment. Gynecomastia sometimes vanishes by itself, but surgery or medication is necessary if it doesn’t.
Gynecomastia Surgery In Lahore
The task of finding the best gynecomastia surgeon might seem challenging at first. But with the right search method, you can easily spot a surgeon to treat your Gynecomastia.
See if they have hospital privileges to perform surgeries like liposuction and gynecomastia. Check their experience in the treatment of male breast enlargement. You can also see their before and after photos to check how their results are.
Dr. Hammad Aesthetics, the best clinic for gynecomastia treatment in Lahore, matches this criterion. Dr. Hammad Saleem, having eight years of experience in Gynecomastia, is providing the best treatment. He has PMDC verification and is a credible surgeon to trust for.
Get an appointment to consult your case with Dr. Hammad and get customized treatment for your condition. We understand how important it is to give customized treatments because the condition of every patient varies. Your satisfaction is our topmost priority, and we look forward to serving you!
What’s The Cost Of Gynecomastia Surgery In Lahore?
The surgery cost for Gynecomastia in Lahore, Pakistan, depends on the condition of the patient. At Dr. Hammad’s aesthetic clinic, there are different surgery packages for every kind of patient.
Don’t wait for another day; visit the clinic, consult with the doctor and get your package today.
Medical Tourism For Gynecomastia Surgery In Lahore
Medical tourism packages are quite famous and designed for the Pakistani community living abroad. These packages are very cost-effective and affordable for everyone.
All these packages are comprehensive. So contact us today and get the best surgery package for yourself.
Why Go For Gynecomastia Surgery In Lahore?
For men, it can be very stressful and embarrassing to go through a condition like Gynecomastia. Enlarged breasts are difficult to hide, and it can be a challenge in your relationship with your spouse.
When they hit puberty, boys can become a target for teasing from friends if they have enlarged breasts. It can be very traumatic in activities like swimming if you have to change in the locker room.
Whatever your age is, you may feel embarrassed and unhappy with your body and looks. It’s normal to feel like this but getting proper treatment is the best way to get out of this situation.
How To Know If You Have Gynecomastia?
About half of all the men between 12 and 16 may experience some sort of Gynecomastia in one or both breasts. This condition itself isn’t physically dangerous, it can be a symptom of other underlying illnesses.
- The first symptom of Gynecomastia can be a chunk of fatty tissue beneath the nipple. The chunk of tissue can be fatty or sore. Sometimes people confuse it with breast cancer that happens in a small number of men.
- There can be uneven swelling in breasts, and one might become larger than the other.
- Some people also experience breast tenderness or severe pain in the area.
- There can be a discharge from the nipple of one or both breasts.
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, consult your doctor for treatment.
How To Get Rid Of Gynecomastia?
Most of the gynecomastia cases get better on their own without treatment. But if it doesn’t happen, you’ll need treatment.
The kind of treatment depends on your age, health, and how long your condition may last. Your body’s response towards drugs also matters here.
Sometimes, medications are enough to address the underlying conditions causing hormonal imbalance.
In other cases, gynecomastia surgery becomes unavoidable, so there are two recommended techniques:
- Liposuction (removal of extra breast fat)
- Gland removal (removal of breast gland tissue)
If you want to get treated, consult Dr. Hammad Saleem, a well-known cosmetic surgeon in Lahore, Pakistan.
He performs such surgeries under the effect of local anesthesia and makes sure the quick recovery of his patients. The surgery lasts for 90-120 minutes on average. There are no scars visible because of proper placement at the junction of the areola and skin.
How To Stop Gynecomastia From Growing?
There are a few factors you can control to reduce the risk of Gynecomastia.
- Discuss your medications list with your doctor. If any of these medicines seem to induce Gynecomastia, ask your doctor to provide alternatives.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or drink moderately.
- Avoid the excessive use of recreational drugs like anabolic steroids, marijuana, or heroin.
Why does Gynecomastia happen?
Different things can trigger the decrease in testosterone hormone as compared to estrogen. The disturbance can be either by the increase of estrogen or by the blocked effects of testosterone.
There’s a misconception that estrogen is a female hormone. The reality says it also gets produced in males but in smaller quantity—increased estrogen level in males causes Gynecomastia.
Now the question is, why this hormonal imbalance happens? Here are a few factors that lead to Gynecomastia.
- Gynecomastia in newborns occurs because of the effect of the estrogen found in their mothers. But these excessive tissues go away within three weeks after birth. It’s common during puberty to develop Gynecomastia, and it goes away in the time span of six months to two years.
- Gynecomastia also occurs by the use of anti-androgens that treats prostate cancer.
- The illegal use of anabolic steroids for muscle building also causes Gynecomastia.
- It can happen to males who are suffering from HIV virus due to the use of AIDS medication.
- Tricyclic antidepressants and antibiotics also make Gynecomastia happen.
- The use of street drugs like marijuana, heroin, and alcohol causes Gynecomastia.
- Tumors of the adrenal glands or pituitary glands can make hormones that change the hormone balance.
- Kidney failure can be a cause of gynecomastia occurrence. Many of the people getting dialysis treatment develop Gynecomastia.
- Hormonal imbalance because of liver issues and cirrhosis medications are somehow linked with Gynecomastia.